Two-Piece Night Owl:
The reflex material of the base combined with the rigid polyethylene of the sign ensures that the bollard will withstand multiple impacts and return to upright without damage to the reflective surfaces, the sign or the base; thereby saving on expensive replacement costs. The reflectors are also recessed to further reduce potential damage with vehicle impacts.
- Unique ‘dome’ shaped Base gives reliable bounce back performance irrespective of the type of impact (side scrape, side swipe or front on).
- Base made from tough ‘Reflex’ material capable of withstanding impacts up to 70km/h to return the sign to an upright position ensuring the hazard remains clearly marked.
- Moulded-in screw thread on the top of the Base means that no mechanical components are used on the sign.
- Strong rigid construction of the sign withstands damage from the ‘trampling’ action of wheels running over the top of the sign.
- The Sign section can be moulded in most colours including stone effect/mottle finishes for environmentally sensitive areas. See ‘Colour Options’ pop-up for the complete range.
- The Two-Piece Night Owl Sign can be easily removed and replaced in under a minute reducing danger to Highway Contractors and inconvenience to road users.
- No power supply required, therefore road closure can usually be avoided during installation.
- Fluorescent, retroreflective material used as standard for high visibility.
- Retroreflective panel on the Sign edge provides best in class visibility: 0.045m2 (BS 8442 requires a min of 0.02m2)
- Recyclable material used throughout; suitable for environmental re-use.
- Adapter plate available to allow the Base to be fixed to many existing mountings. See ‘Fixing Options’ pop-up below for all fixings.
- Single or Double sided options
Passed – Night Owl conforms to BS 8442:2006 (14) for Retro Reflective Self Righting Bollards
Passed – Night Owl conforms to BS 12767 Passive Safety of Non Harmful Structures (70,NE,4)
Passed – Night Owl conforms to BS EN 12899-2:2006 5.6.4 Torsion Test
• Sign Colour: choose from a wide range
• Base colour: Black as standard.
• Overall height: 1037mm
• Max. bollard width: 395mm
• Max. bollard depth: 110mm
• Bounce-Back Base dimensions: 320 x 320mm
• Fixing centres: 228 x 228mm
• Signface Diameter: 300mm
• Front/rear reflector visible area: 0.16m2 (BS 8442 requires 0.15m2 min)
• Side reflector area: 0.045m2 (BS 8442 requires a minimum of 0.02)
• Weight: Sign 4.4kg (including base is 6.5kg)
• Lower edge of Conspicuity Panel is 191mm above ground level (BS 8442 requires 100mm > 200mm)
• Materials: UV stabilised Medium Density Polyethylene (MDPE)
Refer to downloads for fixing options
RETROREFLECTIVE & GRAPHIC OPTIONS
Single sided (standard version): 1 x retroreflective front panel, retroreflective wraparound side panels, 300mm signface to front.
Double sided, Single sign (for increased visibility): 1 x retroreflective front panel, 1 x retroreflective back panel, retroreflective wraparound side panels, 300mm signface to front.
Double sided, Dual sign: 1 x retroreflective front panel, 1 x retroreflective back panel, DG³ retroreflective wraparound side panels, 300mm signface to front and back.
Night Owl can be fitted with single or double-sided signs. Legal sign options for Highway use include; ref. 610 keep left, ref. 610 keep right, ref. 611 dual arrows, Blank White.
Other sign suggestions for non highway use are available.
AUTHORISATION FOR USE
The Night Owl bollard is approved for use by the DfT but each Local Authority wishing to use the Night Owl will need to apply for authorisation from the DfT to ensure that Night Owl is sited correctly.
For help on obtaining authorisation from the DfT, please download the relevant letter for your region here.
Leafield Environmental products are made to order and our standard turnaround from order placement to dispatch is 3-4 weeks.
Delivery charges are based on pallet load and location;
All orders under £100.00 + VAT will be charged at £15.00 + VAT.
All orders over £100.00 + VAT will receive free delivery.
Please contact us directly for orders outside of Mainland UK as these will be subject to additional shipping costs based on weight and location.
To find out more please phone: +44 (0) 1225 816522