Illuminated Night Owl:
Complying with BS 8442 Pt 14, the one-piece, passively safe, Illuminated Night Owl uses patent applied for* technologies to bond Reflex and highly durable rigid polymer materials together, producing the tried and tested Night Owl base section that flexes on impact, bonded irreversibly to a strong, rigid sign carrier. This reduces the characteristic cracking and crazing found in the graphics of inferior products.Low running cost… up to 75% more energy efficient than conventional fluorescent illuminated systems.
- High light output (Class L1).
- Low maintenance
- Reliable bounce back performance, irrespective of the type of impact (side scrape, side swipe or front on) with no mechanical parts to fail.
- Withstand impacts up to 100km/h, returns to upright, ensuring hazard remains illuminated and clearly marked (BS EN 12767:2007 100 NE4).
- High reliability Cree LED light source mounted completely below ground level to prevent damage on impact or direct wheel drive over.
- Translucent fluorescent, retroreflective material used as standard for high visibility (Approved to BS8408).
- Single or double sided options.
- Retroreflective panel on the bollard edge provides outstanding visibility.
- Factory sealed, IP67 rated light box fits securely within durable duct box (Duct box included as standard.)
- Adapter plates available to allow the Illuminated Night Owl to be fixed to popular base boxes.
- LED and power supply warrantied to be free from defects in materials, components and workmanship for six years.
• Bollard colour: White/translucent
• Overall height: 1023.5mm
• Max. bollard width: 395mm
• Max. bollard depth: 110mm
• Base dimensions: 320 x 320mm
• Fixing centres: 228 x 228mm
• Sign face diameter: 300mm
• Front/rear reflector visible area: 0.16m2 (BS 8442 requires 0.15m2 min)
• Side reflector area: 0.045m2 (BS 8442 requires a minimum of 0.02)
• Weight: Bollard 4.6kg, duct box 4.0kg, light box and junction box 1.9kg
• Electrical: 240V – Illuminated 6.6 Watts – 10.0 VA – power factor 0.67
• Non-illuminated 0.3W – 3.9 VA
• UMSUG Code: 40 0007 0006 100
• Light output: L1 of BS12899 for trans-illuminated signs
• Photocell: 55 lux; Switch ratio 1:0.5 typical
• Estimated burn hours, 4115 per annum
• Lower edge of face conspicuity panel is 138mm above ground level.
• Lower edge of side conspicuity panel is 174mm above ground level (BS 8442 requires 100mm > 200mm).
• Materials: UV stabilised, ‘Reflex’ grade, flexible polyethylene & UV stabilised Medium Density Polyethylene (MDPE)
Refer to downloads for fixing options
Sign Options:Illuminated Night Owl can be fitted with single or double-sided signs. Legal sign options for Highway use include: ref. 610 keep left, ref. 610 keep right, ref. 611 dual arrows, blank white.
Leafield Environmental products are made to order and our standard turnaround from order placement to dispatch is 3-4 weeks.
Delivery charges are based on pallet load and location;
All orders under £100.00 + VAT will be charged at £18.00 + VAT.
All orders over £100.00 + VAT will receive free delivery.
Please contact us directly for orders outside of Mainland UK as these will be subject to additional shipping costs based on weight and location.
To find out more please phone: +44 (0) 1225 816522
Request application notes